Sunday 11 March 2012

Subtle steels

Yesterday I had a day off work and fitted the new steel wheels (using my new bargain Lidl £20 trolley jack which makes things a bit quicker). Hopefully they wont be putting any more salt on the roads. Still getting used to the look and stance, think it might need to go a bit lower but not sure.

My first attempt at carpeting and self tappers was on the sliding door using the ply lining base before I discovered the MVM fixings (see earlier posts), a few weeks ago I retrimmed the original hardboard panel so I fitted it with fixings to match the rest of the interior panels. The last picture is of the bonnet strut I fitted a while ago. This is great for me as I regularly need to get under the bonnet to access the 240v hookup. I also fettled the drivers door to fit perfectly flush. Gave it a good clean as well. All easy mods and a nice way to spend your day off.


Same colour van honest:




Retrimmed door panel:



Bonnet strut:


 

1 comment:

  1. I like the bonnet strut.

    Yould you send me a link to where you got it please?

    ReplyDelete