Friday 1 April 2011

Rock and roll bed


Having completed the insulation, lining and carpet I was at last ready for the bed. It is made by Cannons Forge. I took my second long drive in the van (the windows were fitted at Vansport in Penzance) up to Worksop to have it fitted. It is definitely quieter on the road now the rear is done. The seatbed bolts down on the lashing points and Dave at Cannons Forge fits it for free if you collect. He fitted it in about 20 minutes and showed me how best to operate it. It wasn't cheap but it is a well made, substantial bit of kit.


Compared to the the bed in my T4 there is less storage space so packing for camping is going to be a bit of a challenge. I had to buy a new loo to fit under the seat, my old one I knew would be too big. You can perch on the rear jump seat with the boot open if you felt so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment